Scribbles and Doodles

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

daisy the dragon saviour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ley
Admin

PostSubject: daisy the dragon saviour    Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm

did u mean "my writing at 2 am"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ohreallyarley.tumblr.com
ley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: daisy the dragon saviour    Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:36 pm

The pet shop smells like birds and dog food, and Daisy's here to buy mice. Dead mice, preferably, as she'd rather not watch one of her snakes killing the poor little thing.

"Good afternoon, good sir", she jokes with Vihaan, the man behind the counter. He knows Daisy well enough to call her a friend, and he's already got her today's purchase prepared in the freezer.

"G'day, milady", Vihaan replies. "Where does your quest lead you today?"

"Nowhere new, I assure you. You have my mice?"

"I have more than mice. I've got an egg."

"An egg?" Daisy asks with disinterest, rummaging through her brown polka-dotted backpack to find a wallet.

"A huge one. The vet couldn't identify it, so I figured I'd let you take a guess."

"Oh?" she raises an eyebrow. "I just might." With almost six years of biology lessons behind her and a Bachelor degree in front of her, Vihaan spoke to the right person about the egg.

"Over here", Vihaan walks into the storage area in the back of the shop and Daisy obediently follows. She stops to pet some random animal, though, and Vihaan just laughs it off. When they make it to the egg, Daisy is very, very cross with herself. Because she has no clue what it might be. All that money that went to college was thrown away.

"I've literally seen nothing like this in my life." The egg is a bit taller and wider than her hand and it's dark green, the colour of a forest, and it's filled with red spots which look like they are perfect circles. Oh, and it has horse ears and two small horns. "Are these a part of the egg?" she asks and touches an ear gently. It twitches and Daisy considers migrating to Antarctica, or at least just running away. "What the freaking crap. What."

"Told you", Vihaan says, as confused as Daisy looks. She glances at him, then back at the egg.

"Man." He glances at her in confusion.

"Lady?"

"I mean, man." She emphasizes the last word. "You're joking with me, right? This is a hidden camera thing and you just made me believe that this egg has ears and horns. Right?"

"Honestly, I'm just as confused as you are." Daisy lets out a whine, pointing at the egg in a way you could only describe as dismissal. "I swear. The owner just came and left it here. Told me to find someone to take care of it, because we have no heaters in the store, and it seems to like heat."

"I have a heater. Wait, that's not important, I'm not taking it in. But then, who is? Not me, that's for sure", she argues with herself and Vihaan watches, just a tiny bit amused. She needs to stop herself, she thinks, before she adopts yet another animal, because that's apparently all she wants to do in life.

"So you're taking it?"

"Of course I'm taking it", Daisy snorts, "but only until it hatches. Then it's all yours and if it turns out to be something illegal, I am not connected with it in any way."

"You're the best", Vihaan tells her as he puts the egg in a paper bag, which has pillows in it, so that the egg doesn't move much.

"I know. How much do I owe you for mice?"

Back to top Go down
ley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: daisy the dragon saviour    Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 am

She'd been staring at it for a good half hour when she heard knocking.

"Come in", she shouts out, absentmindedly. Daisy hates not knowing, and right know she'd chop off her left ear and most of her shoulder-lenght hair to figure out what's in the egg. Granted, it's not a huge sacrifice, because she's part deaf on that ear, and hair grows, but she can't commit fully. Wait, she needs that ear to hold her glasses up. She'll wear contacts if she has to.

"Hey, Daise", a dark-skinned man walks in and plops onto the ground next to her. His name is Reggie and he's been her deskmate during classes ever since Daisy promised that her snakes will devour his rabbits. "Is this the egg?"

"Obviously", she says, without any snark to it. She put the egg directly in front of the heater in her small living room. Hey, at least she has a place. Reggie is still doomed to a student home, and he had to smuggle his three rabbits and, occasionally, girls, in.

"The hell is that?" he asks once he gets a clear view of the egg.

"Nobody knows, and neither do I. My summa cum laude is freakin' useless now, I can't even identify an egg."

"Maybe you'll be able to figure out the species when it hatches", Reggie suggests.

"That's what I'm doing now."

"Hatching?" Reggie asks with something resembling a smirk playing on his lips. Daisy either doesn't notice, or doesn't care to show him that she cares. Because, really, she doesn't. She considers herself to be more mature. As if.

"I'm watching the hatching."

"Whoa, Nelly. You might just become a Rap God with that attitude."

Daisy whacks Reggie's head with a slipper she took off her foot.

"I thought to do an all-nighter, perhaps clean the kitchen waiting for it to hatch", Daisy gets up from the floor, yawns and stretches. Her spine makes exactly the noise you'd expect knowing it belongs to a twenty-four-year-old college student who spends all day studying. "Gut tells me it's close."

"Of course it is. The shell's already cracked", Reggie carefully traces the egg, the place where the shell gave in to the ears and the horns. "I'll make you dinner, go lay down or something."

"Bless you", Daisy says, takes off her glasses and flops face first on the sofa. "Don't boil my snakes."

"Yin and Yang are in safe hands."

"I don't flippin' trust you."

"Snake meat tastes great, didn't you know?"

"Rabbit tastes even better."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: daisy the dragon saviour    

Back to top Go down

daisy the dragon saviour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top